Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Trying out gluten free pizza recipe

The recipe I tried today is this one:
米粉ピザ(小麦不使用 アレルギーOK) (Rice flour pizza (no wheat, allergy free)


In this recipe, we use potato starch to make the dough sticky. Potato starch (片栗粉 katakuriko) is a very commonly sold ingredient in pretty much any supermarkets. I never knew that heating up potato starch with water eventually makes transparent jelly-ish stuff.


What went well: 
+ Used oven instead of fish grill like suggested in the recipe. I tried bake with 180c for 10 minutes, but eventually raised it to 200c for 3 minutes. 


What went wrong: 
- Maybe put a little too much potato starch. If you like your dough sticky, maybe. But I prefer my pizza more crispy. 

- Definitely needed more rice flour for my hands and cutting board. I probably lost fair bit of dough on my hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment